Or purse. Or the aggregate of several purses.
I dug through three purses in an attempt to find something today. (Something being my driver’s license, which I found in none of the pursues searched, but in a small clutch that I haven’t used for a month. A month without my license in my wallet!)
Rather than just return the purses and their contents to my closet, I did the responsible thing and emptied them completely.
Aside from a metric ton of trash, here’s what I found. This doesn’t even include my diaper bag, which gets the most use.
- Change. Lots of change.
- Six assorted lip products, five of them glosses
- Yogurt raisins and a fruit strip
- Colgate Wisps
- Three keys for locations unknown
- Three earrings. Don’t buy me jewelry. I lose it.
- Two of Bubette’s hair bows
- hand lotion
- Hot Wheel. Hot Wheels? (What is it when it’s just one Hot Wheels car?)
- Wallet sans drivers license
- Drum stick. Naturally.
- Dress shoe that should have been returned with the tuxedo we rented nearly two months ago. Huh.
- Three coloring/workbooks, a note pad and spiral notebook
- Crayons and a pen
- A giant pile of blog business cards. I take a HUGE stack with me when I go to a blog related event, and give out maybe one of them each time. And still, I replenish the giant stack with yet another giant stack each time.
- Three pairs of dress socks for Bub from the aforementioned wedding, two of the pairs new and unworn.
- One pair of Bub’s play socks
Not pictured: The dirty pair of my socks that I keep in my purse for indoor play places where socks are required. You are welcome.
To some people this is the stimulating equivalent of watching paint dry, but I find these things fascinating. Go on, show me what you’re carting around. Can you beat a drumstick and a rented shoe?
There’s a giveaway to enter, over here. Entries close tomorrow at noon.