1. My Vitamix. My very generous mother put a Vitamix in my Easter basket this year, and it is everything I ever dreamed it would be. I’m a smoothie making fiend, and yesterday I made my own almond milk. It’s true.
2. Babylips. I bowed to internet peer pressure on this one, but I can’t get enough of the smell of Grape Vine. (Don’t pay that Amazon price. It’s less than $3 at Target.)
3. My cable company. That should probably be followed by #stuffnoonesays, but it’s true. I think they’re so afraid I’m going to cancel every time I call, they keep throwing free things my way. I’m really excited for the Girls premiere this weekend.
4. Free Kindle books. I’ve been neglecting my Kindle lately due to a ongoing love of my local library, but when I’m in a shopping mood, I search through the free bestsellers and download away. My library has Kindle lending but the selection is minimal and the wait is forever, so this satisfies my need for books, books and more boooooks.
5. Podcasts. Okay, I’m really letting my nerd show here, but I like listening to people talk. In a fit of frugalness, I canceled my XM subscription a few weeks ago, and immediately went searching for ways to fill the silence in my car. I first found Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me and laughed out loud many times on a several hour round trip drive to visit a friend. Then Kristabella pointed me towards The Nerdist, and I haven’t looked back. Well, since Tuesday at least. Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell me is safe for car rides with kids as far as I can tell. The Nerdist, seems to be hit or miss (but consistently funny.) (My sweet husband put an XM gift card in my Easter basket, so now I have an bottomless source of chatter filling the adult conversation void.)
6. Pretzel Bread Rolls. I made these to serve with dinner last night and I’m enjoying the leftovers for breakfast. They’re DELISH. I sent the extras to a neighbor and I’m regretting it.
7. The Hunger Games movie. This should really go on a list of things I loved last week, but I was really, really happy with the movie. I cried three (four?) times while watching it and was just really happy with the portrayal of the story. Watching the movie kind of made me forget that I didn’t love the rest of the series. Catching Fire with just fine for me, and I didn’t like Mockingjay, but maybe I’ll like the movies?
8. These sandals, also from my mom for Easter.
9. J.R. Watkins Naturals Baby Balm.* I have these two very stubborn patches of dry, flaky skin on either side of my nose, and this is the only stuff I’ve found that I can wear under makeup without causing me to break out.
10. Method Daily Shower Spray. I wouldn’t say that it has replaced cleaning my shower, but it definitely extends the length of time between full on scrubbing. AND it smells good without making me light headed.
*I was sent the baby items to try, without even a whisper of posting about them. I just LOVE this little stick and think you should know about it.