1. I finally finished 50 Shades of Grey. It took me three weeks and I read two (three?) other books in between. I only started to care about the story during the last 30 pages, but at that point I was so hooked that I put down the book and immediately picked up Fifty Shades Darker. So, I’m in is what I’m saying.
2. I walked into Bub’s preschool class today and he burst into tears. He didn’t touch his lunch, wanted to be carried to the car, in the house, and hasn’t moved from the couch. Yeeeaaah.
101.8 under the arm. What’s the rule? Add a degree?
3. Before I was aware of my little sicky, Bubette and I killed a little time in Chick-Fil-A this morning with our favorite friends. It was Breakfast Bingo and we stumbled into a group of people who appeared to be regulars. Apparently beginner’s luck was on my side because I won a $50 gift card. I’m not really sure how this is going to work out with the current diet plan, but I see a lot of ice cream cones in our summer future. For the kids, of course.
4. I’m in the nitty gritty planning stages of our vacation, which involves obsessively reading the Trip Advisor reviews of our chosen hotels. Am I the only person who does this? I like to see if I can get any insider information before going.
5. Remember when I said I wanted to start a container garden? Haaa. It’s like I don’t even know myself at all. I really did intend to follow through, and then Costco had tomato plants already planted with the cage for $10 and, SOLD. One of those tomatoes appears to be almost ready to pick, yes? So exciting!
6. I loved Elizabeth’s idea of a uniform so much, that I was inspired by her review of Gap t-shirts to order three with the remnants of a gift card. I ordered them on Tuesday and they arrived today. I’m so excited about these plain t-shirts I can’t even stand it. I ordered colors that will match nearly every summery pair of shorts and pants that I own and I’m setting my sights on accessories. I would love this necklace from Bridier Baubles, but it’s probably for the best that it’s out of stock.
Tell me that’s not the perfect summer necklace.
7. Originally our Memorial Day Weekend plans included two birthday parties and a lot of barbecuing. Now, with Fever Boy in the house, I’m not sure how the weekend will play out. I’ve set a personal goal of finishing The Fault in Our Stars and Fifty Shades Darker. What’s on your weekend agenda?