Let’s do this.
1. Finish all five seasons of Friday Night Lights. Start and finish The West Wing. Cross my fingers and hope that Felicity becomes available on Amazon Instant Streaming.
2. Commit to figuring out if canceling cable is a good decision for this family, which means doing the research and doing the math.
3. Walk or ride bikes to school at least once a week.
4. (I’m cringing as I write this) Train for and run a 5k. I might hate it. I’m planning to hate it, but I need to do it, even if it’s just to swear I’ll never do it again. (I might have already chosen the 5K I’ll run, AND recruited two people to suffer alongside me. Now for the actual running part.)
5. Continue to have one date night per month with my husband. I stopped writing about these, but we managed to do this all the way through last year. We’ve even gone so far as to start paying a teenage babysitter. As an added bonus, our neighbor has asked to trade babysitting once a month so we can go see a movie.
6. Attempt at least one new recipe per month.
7. Get a job. To be clear, I’m not planning to become a full time working lady. The job I have my eye on will allow me to work from home part of the time, and use the time Bubette will be in school (starting in the fall) to do the rest. Every finger crossed over here. (Yes, I’m fully aware that having one job in sight is a bit… short-sighted. This is just a starting point.)
January Organization/Cleaning Goal: Do not leave the house or go to bed with dishes in the sink.