1. The crib transition has gone well in that she’s fine sleeping in her new bed. Her room is becoming so cute, and I’ll take pictures as soon as it’s finished. However, we’ve had more than one 5:30am wake up. She has NEVER woken up that early in her crib. I mean, maybe two or three times in the last year and a half and we told her to go back to sleep and she did. We were so spoiled. I’m ordering an OK to Wake clock today.
2. Fortunately, the clock also has a nap timer. We never really got back on track with her naps, so we still have a nap time every day, but she doesn’t always sleep. This was fine while she was in her crib, but now that she can just get down and open her door, it’s less fine. There’s no way for me to know if she’s going to take a nap or not, (although these 5:30am days are almost a sure bet. High point.) so I just go through the nap motions every day. She can either fall asleep, or not, but she needs to stay there for a while. Even Bub still has quiet time every afternoon.
3. I haven’t made any of the meals on my meal plan this week, with the exception of the frozen lentil soup. (Which I didn’t so much make as unfreeze.) My husband hasn’t been home for dinner, and it’s extremely frustrating to make dinner for kids who declare that they don’t like it before they sit down. So, I’ve taken away the annoying part of the equation and I’ve just made things they’ll eat. They’re in heaven.
4. Bubette is pulling all of her princesses out of a bin, announcing them like she’s Rod Roddy. “I got BELLE! I got MERMAID!” (I’m trying to teach her to say “have.”)
5. After all my talk about not being a pushover, I completely stepped in it earlier this week. Bub had a music program at school, and I made the mistake of asking if siblings were invited. Keep in mind, it was a 20 minute presentation at 10:30 am. EVERYONE was going to be bringing their little ones. But, I was told no, she couldn’t come. Since I’m a people pleaser, I listened, and my neighbor and I shared a sitter. Then we sat through the kids singing with the other parents, and roughly 30 siblings. I’m still mad. (Next time, don’t ask stupid questions, self.)
6. I bought my first ever can of spray paint to paint the name letters in Bubette’s room. I’m super excited about it. We’re also moving her old dresser into my closet this weekend, because I keep blaming the mess in there on the fact that the space just doesn’t work for me. I need to do something about the space, so hopefully the added storage will kick me into organization mode.
7. Did you know I have a Facebook page for the blog? I would love you forever if you would join me over there.